What To Say When I Propose To My Girlfriend

What To Say When I Propose To My Girlfriend?



When you intend to marry your girlfriend and make her your wife, you go ahead and propose to her. Your intention is to ask her hand in marriage.


Be Clear About Her Love For You


Before you propose, you should be clear that she is in love with you and intends to marry you. It becomes obvious in a relationship if your girlfriend is looking to marry you. So it’s rare to have a doubt before you propose. When you propose marriage it is usually just a formality. You almost know she will accept.
If you are not sure of whether she has made up her mind to marry you, then it would be better to propose your love first. Make sure that she loves you truly because then there is no reason for her not to marry you. It would be quite painful to propose marriage and end up with a rejection. Proposing love and ending up with a rejection is far less hurting.


Girls Are Romantics


Girls love their special memories and nothing makes a better memory than the proposal of marriage from her boyfriend. She has obviously made up her mind to marry him but would still want something special to make the moment of proposal romantic. It won’t be a generalization to say that most girls are romantics.
In the article how should I propose to my girlfriend?, you will find all that you need to do (The ring, the occasion, the accessories etc.) when you decide to propose to a girl.
In this article you will read about what you can say when you propose her. The words you use will have the power of igniting her memories when she thinks back on this moment anytime in 
her life.


What You Shouldn’t Say


Before we start with what you should say, here are a few tips on what you should not say while you propose to your girlfriend:



The Rosy Poetry


Avoid poetries when you propose. When you propose to your girlfriend it should be a moment of surprise for her. Poetry spoils the surprise because it is dragging. Unless you are really good with poetries and know how to work magic with it, you are better off avoiding it.


Don’t Use Humor


Humor is funny but not romantic. You don’t want to make this moment of proposing to your future wife a moment of joke. You should know that for her it’s serious and she would expect the same from you. You don’t need to use jokes to hide your nervousness because being nervous looks a little romantic in itself.


Don’t Be Too Casual


Casual is not romantic either. The more emotion there are the more romantic it gets. You don’t need to get too emotional but being too casual does not work either.


What You Should Say While Proposing


The way you express yourself depends on your personality. Some guys are laid back while some are emotionally charged. Use words which infer a sense of wanting to protect and assume responsibility. Never use terms like “I would like to”, “I would want to”, “I think” or “I believe”. Just be frank and use words like “I like”, “I love”,”I want” etc.
You can say something as mentioned below; say these words very slowly. Don’t be in a haste; use a low whispering tone and emphasize the words where it matters:
I fell in love with you the day I saw you. You complete me in every way. I want to share every moment of my life with you, I will take care of you and I will never make you cry (here is where she might have tears in her eyes). I promise to never leave you alone, I promise to be with you for life. (Show her the ring in the box) Will you marry me?
If she is truly in love with you, most of these words would just be a haze to her as she would be flushed with emotions (that’s why some girls cry when they are proposed). But the words do get registered somewhere in her mind nevertheless. So it is important that you speak with your heart in it. Best of luck!